Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A1=23,B1="TwentyTree" How??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zliazmei

Structural
Feb 5, 2002
AE
Hi All,

Please, can somebody help with this problem?

Af cell A1=23 and B1=A1, how can I make cell B1 to show "TwentyTree as text string?

Thanks

Zmei

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

THis can be done in Excel, but first you will need to download morefunc.xll (I think it is called).
Visit You can view the addins and decide whether to download or not. There are may other sites similar to this. I recommend you visit the forum This has an abundace of information.

Hope this helps.

----------------------------------

maybe only a drafter
but the best user at this company!

Could get very involved and use something like :
=CHOOSE(INT(D7/10),"","twenty","thirty")&CHOOSE(D7-INT(D7/10)*10+1,"","-one","-two","-three")
Assuming number is in cell D7 in this case. Have to have special ones to handle the teens and units though! Add on similar for the hundreds......yuk!

Greetings,

This may be a long shot but it sounds pretty simple-

If you can find a list (or create one depending on how high number you need to reach) of numbers as text strings-

paste the text string numbers in ascending order and then create the numerical equivalent in the column to the left of the text string column however you like etc....

Use the vLookup funtion for cell A1 to return the text string value in B1

This may sound a bit simplistic, however it should work.

Thanks,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back