Abaqus for structural analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozo_Sam

Aerospace
Aug 22, 2019
SI
Hi there,

I am starting to use Abaqus for steel structure analysis and while I am quite skilled in Abaqus I find it a bit confusing and time-consuming to assign all the loads and load combinations considering certain design codes like EUROCODE. SO my question is: Does anyone knows of any Python scripts or any other preprocessing tools for Abaqus that could make this process of assigning the loads according to the code a bit easier and more automated.

Many thanks.

Bozo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Abaqus is not a software designed for such analyses so it doesn't offer special features that would make preprocessing more convenient in this area. However with Python scripting most tasks can be automatized. You can also use Really Simple GUI (RSG) Dialog Builder that allows you to create your own dialog boxes for analysis setup. And there's a plug-in called Abaqus Object Manager that can be used to manage all step-dependent objects from a single dialog box.

Hi, thanks for both answers.

I know that Abaqus is not a "purpose" build for structural analysis, but is for sue one of the best FEM codes out there.

I also checked the link and I actually found that already by myself and while it is something that I was looking for, it is quite expensive. I would not want to get anything for free of course. I was more thinking if there is like a simple script that would be publically available, which I could also change and redo later on myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back