ABAQUS SCRIPTING AND EDITING 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oluwakay

Mechanical
Sep 15, 2022
PL
Hello Everyone,
I have a question. I am trying to run a python script in abaqus. My question is that, is it possible to edit whatever I want from the software interface like materials constant, orientation, model geometry and lot more OR I have to do all editing from the code itself??

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It depends on what your script is doing. If it's only setting something in Abaqus/CAE without submitting jobs then yes. There are also ways to create custom dialog windows for scripts.

Thank you so much for your response. So, does that mean if I have a script that includes job creation and submission, I can't do any editing from the software, but only from the codes then run again??

Thank you!

You could include a prompt (pop-up window) for the user asking for inputs under specific circumstances (check the getInput and getInputs functions) but not freely change anything in the setup at any moment while the script is running.

Thank you so much for your response! However, if I'd like to change any parameters, can I change it within the scripts and run again? Is that also a possibility?

Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back