Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ABAQUS static analyses continuig steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

lubos38

Automotive
Mar 21, 2006
SK
Hi all,

Could someone help me with problem with abaqus.
Is any possibilty set up in one deck in static analyzes steps which can start always in new model. For example:
Step 1 Force 1000N -- results and back to start possition
Step 2 Force 2000N -- results and back to start possition

Thanx and regard

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Abaqus forum would be better for this, however, if I understand the question then in a static analysis the 2nd step will produce results from an apparently unloaded model if yield hasn't been exceeded.

corus

Hi

Thax for replay, but Im afraid that isnt so good, I need step two without any residual stress or strain as uloading.
Step two should start with exatly first base position.
Thanx
P.S: Where I find abaqus forum?

Hi Lubos38,
I am sorry I don't really understand your question. You try to calculate step 2 without any stress or strain memory from those in step 1 --> does it mean that step 1 and 2 have nothing to do each other ?? If so, you're trying to do two different analysis.

Then, If you try to continue your loading of 1000N in step 1 to be 2000N, so you just need to specify loading of 2000N in step 2 because Abaqus will take cumulative value in the each step.

To join abaqus mailing list: or you may also find group discuss about abaqus in this mailing list (in part named Engineering Computer Program).

sendy

Hi sendy,

Thats a point, with small difference, I would like to try, but I dont know if it possible make in FEM implicit/ABAQUS/ this kind of definition simulations.
Two independet steps, lets say, in one simulation, exatly on static with variable force in each step.

Any Idea?

Hi Lubos38,
If you mean as the following:

1. Modeling node,element,material,boundary condition.
2. Initialization condition of state variables (stress, strain, void ratio, poisson ratio, etc) and displacement).
3. Loading step 1: Prescribing Force 1.
4. Print out the result.
5. Initialization condition of state variables (stress, strain, void ratio, poisson ratio, etc) and displacement)..
6. Loading step 2: Prescribing Force 2.
7. Print out the result.
8. ...

I would say you try to do a parameter study since there is no corelation (in the sense of stress memory) between your step 1 (apply Force 1) and step 2 (apply Force 2); so I just have idea of using a parameter option (use it for prescribing the Force) in Abaqus; then create a short code to read and develop some input files (with one prescribed force for one input file), and also a code to run those input files in abaqus program. Thus, finally you would have some output files which corresponds to each input files.

hope this idea helps abit.
sendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back