Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abaqus subroutine and intel compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

popckal

Civil/Environmental
Sep 14, 2023
GB
Abaqus 2020 vs 2019 and intel oneapi 2023.1 ..these have been linked and can run simple subroutine ..but when i run the VUEL subroutine which requires explicit dyanamic the abaqus produces error Abaqus/Explicit packager exited with error.
Now i have installed Abaqus 2020 vs 2015 and intel paralle 2017 the subroutine runs but it requires that i tick GB and 90 GB as Memory allocation units. It runs without error but also without result when i plot graph with field output taking RF and displacement there is nothing.

can anyone help me about which Abaqus version is compatible with which compiler.currently have abaqus2020 and intel xe 2017.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Abaqus 2020 should work with min. Intel Visual Fortran 16.0.1 and Visual Studio 2017.

Try running a VUEL subroutine from the documentation to see if it works.

Abaqus 2020 Intel(R) 64, Version 2021.9.0 Build 20230302_000000 and Visual studio 2019, it successfully runs vuel_acoustic.for from Abaqus documentation but not my required subroutine, it says Abaqus/Explicit Packager exited with an error. But this subroutine runs nicely on my colleagues pc with Abaqus 2020 and intel parallel studio xe.

Maybe there’s a difference in fix packs in your and your colleague’s installations of Abaqus 2020. Try installing the newest fix pack for this release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back