Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

about the solenoid valves and pneumatic cylinder,could they be replaced by each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyLida

Industrial
Jun 7, 2017
CN
Hellow everyone,

I'm a novice in pneumatic industry as a sales.Actually,during my work,there are some customers asked for detailed information about our products.(Actually there are many similar products in our catalogue)And when i asked the colleagues around me,they have different opinion about my question-Could the products with similar specificatons be replaced with each other?Some of them say yes,because their specification are similar,while some of them say no,because their internal structure are different even if their specifications are similar.

I'm really confused about it.Is there anyone could explain the difference between them and where should i be careful when choose products for customers.

Thanks.

Lily

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3ec7a6a3-42ce-49fd-a978-b8e994456865&file=catalogue.rar
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

LilyLida,

That is a totally open ended question. Superficially, solenoid and hydraulics or pneumatics can do the same job. Which one you select depends totally on the job and the resources available. If you have no electricity or not enough electricity, the solenoid will not work. If you do not have pressured hydraulics or air, rams will not work. A solenoid held extended with power will use a significant amount of electrical power, all of which will be converted to heat. This may not be acceptable to you. There are a number environments where hydraulic fluid not a good thing. There are environments will high electric power is not good.

Your customer's plant will have certain resources available, i.e. 640VAC, shop air. They will order whatever technology their resources support.

--
JHG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back