Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACAD 2005 - MULTI SELECT OBJECTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanSweeney

Civil/Environmental
Mar 16, 2005
NO
I HAVE A DRAWING WITH MAYBE 50,000 POLYLINE OBJECT ALL ON ONE LAYER. THESE ARE CONTOUR LINES (WITH EVEVATION). I NEED TO SEPERATE THE 5M LINES TO ANOTHER LAYER. HOW.

I CAN QUICK SELECT, POLYLINE, ELEVATION BUT THIS IS A BIT BORING WITH 30 DIFFERENT HEIGHTS.

ANY IDEAS USING QUICK SELECT WITH VARIOUS PROPERTIES (I TRIED FILTER USING "AND" FUNCTION BUT THAT WAS WRONG TOO)

THANKS.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The problem is how to tell ACAD which polyline to put on which layer. Sorry, you have to develop your own layers and transfer objects to that layer. You can do this by selecting which objects you want and use the layer popup toolbar to change to that layer.

Hope this helps,

John

Does Change (ssx) [pick one of the lines] get them?

I think the method you are using is about the only way.
You could try to set the front view active, (so that you are seeing each elevation - they will just look like lines across the screen) and select everything at the proper elevations with a crossing window, if that makes sense?

It's not fancy but, if each of the 5M lines are the same layer, color, etc. Would match properties work? Change one your way then just pick the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back