Acoustic FEA Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathlete7

Aerospace
Sep 13, 2008
US
Hi,

I'm looking for a good tutorial on performing low frequency acoustic response analysis via Nastran (structural vibroacoustic response of panels to acoustic loading, etc). Does anyone know of any good tutorials or textbooks that go over this topic? I'm looking for something that will have some theory (at a high level) and practical implementation via FEA.

Thanks much,
Dan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you talking about actual fluid loading by a non-random pressure field, or just exciation by random "rain on the roof" forcing?

M

--
Dr Michael F Platten

For a random loading on the theory side - get yourself on the NASA reports server and search for 'Joint Acceptence' --- I'm assuming as an aerospace chappy, you are interested in acoustic coupling to cylinders.

BUT, as I am an aerospace chappy (and acoustic engineer) I'll tell you it is not a purely random excitation - even from turbofans.

I recommnend you dig out a book by E.J. Richards and Denys Mead called Noise and Acoustic Fatigue --- otherwise known as the bible (to us acoustic engineers, at least).

For coupled fluid structure interaction, Nastran uses a body-in-white appraoch and doesn't do anything sepctacularly clever to write the coupling matrix between structure and fluid.

For Nastran:
1) all fluid dofs with -1
2) fluid and structure must have UNEQUIVENECED nodes
3) if you don't have bodyinwhite licence, you need a mapped mesh. i.e. same mesh on acoustics as on structure

Hi, I am newbie in ANSYS and now I have to learn how to analyze noise/acoustic in step motor. But at this moment I dont know where can I begin. I need some ANSYS tutorial, please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back