Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acronym for Resistor color code 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once and only once saw that the number posters in the induction class at our daughters school used the correct rcc for each number this was 30 years ago, she is not at all interested in wires but she knows the colours.
I wish every engineering type did.

HAHAHAH LOL lol <roll around on the floor>

Seriously - the original totally Politically inCorrect one works better than any other I've ever heard, partly because it is so thoroughly non-PC. And if you come right down to it, it's far tamer than half the garbage on TV at prime time these days.

<Hi Scotty>

Keith Cress
Flamin Systems, Inc.-

I just use the one " FlukeWithALeadOnEachEndoftheResistor".

OK , not funny. Somebody send me the "one Best left forgotten". I need a new way to offend my QC/electronic repair guy at work.

Thanks,
Scott

and fries would be graet Scotty!

In a hundred years, it isn't going to matter anyway.

Yes This is a little more politically correct
Bad
Boze
Rots
Our
Young
Gut
But
Vodca
Goes
Well

Scramode

This thread is becoming like a scene from Groundhog Day.

----------------------------------
image.php
Sometimes I only open my mouth to swap feet...

My instructor used the "Bad Boys" one, but used the word "Ravaged" instead of raped. It was less offensive (I guess).

Also, the ultimate PC version I made up for my daughter...
Big
Boys
Run
Out
Your
Gate
But
Violet
Goes
Walking,
Going Slowly North

If anyone recalls collecting green stamps, we learned that "violet gives with green stamps".

kch

Off topic tangent...
I remember Green Stamps, and Blue Chip stamps. And how the taste of the glue was great when you started out, but you hated it after about 5 licks and switched to a sponge to wet them. My Dad used to go to gas stations that gave out Green Stamps because his company paid for the gas, but we got to keep the stamps. I got my first bike with the Green Stamps I saved up, 40 books IIRC.

JRaef.com
"Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems." Scott Adams
For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

It must have been many years ago, but I have recollection that someone once handed me a newly-manufactured circuit card and asked me to help figure why it didn't work. I glanced at it for about one second, pointed to a resistor and said 'that resistor is the wrong value.' I was right. They were amazed.

The resistors on that card were normally all marked with only the darker colours like brown, black and red. The out-of-place yellow mutiplier band stood out to my eyes.

I had one I learned in the Navy but have forgotten the last part....

Batman blows robin on yon gotham bridge.....

The rest I forgot, getting old

I was taught this one in High School:

Black Bears Roam Outside Yellowstone Giving Bluebirds Very Great Worries.

Still with me all these years

This thread is becoming like a scene from Groundhog Day.

=====================================
Eng-tips forums: The best place on the web for engineering discussions.

I'm Helping a group of people remember an easy way for remembering the colors of the resistor color code, please re post with your acronyms.

----------------------------------
image.php
Sometimes I only open my mouth to swap feet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back