Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Active medical equipment repairers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scbiomed

Bioengineer
Jan 26, 2001
US
When I joined this forum I had hoped to contact other independent service providers and exchange service tips, schematics, standards and related information over the internet. Are there others out there with the same interests or am I in the wrong place?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Scbiomed, Abendrinal,

What kind of bio-engineering do you do. What is your experience level. What are your latest projects or technical challenges. We're developing in house process equipment and have addressed almost all in house processes at least at some level from putting into place slightly modified COTS equipment to building completely from scratch. Equipment from medical slide processing to automated imaging systems.

This is a reply to inquiries made by Walter Harris.
I hope your questions were asked in the spirit of professional curiosity and not an attempt to discredit me or Abendrinal. I have been in the medical equipment maintainance field for over twenty years. I have a degree in electrical engineering obtained with the assistance of the G.I. Bill. I was a field service engineer for G.E. Medical Systems installing and maintaining Cat Scans and MRIs. I have worked for several new and used equipment dealers including Las Vegas Medical, Pacific Medical and handled California field service for Infrasonics Ventilators. I am now self employed and perform service for many Los Angeles area medical equipment dealers. About half my time is spent training doctors and equipment operators on the proper use of equipment in their offices. I hope this answers your questions and I encourage you to help make this forum a meaningful dialogue and an assistance to those out there who are trying their best to provide an important service.

Nice reading your stuff.I'm a self employed biomed in Greece and believe me there is none here to share thoughts and advises.We have stramgled our way up trying to offer quality services to a country where biomeds work only inhouse and for major ditributors.
Anyway it is good to think that there is also someone else who share similar problems.
I will get back

Hi all,,

iam biomedicl enginer in ophthlmology field for 5 years
i work with Excimer laser ,Phaco machines (ultrsound)
flash autoclave (STATIM) any help
bye

Hello Everybody,
I am a Biomedical engineer too.
I used to work in a company that supplies medical devices to hospitals training doctors and nurses.
But now I work in a start-up company developing a medical laser application as an R&D engineer.
I am pretty unexperienced (still doing my Bio-Engineering M.Sc) but I love what I do and believe I will keep doing it for many years....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back