Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on inventeering a monitor/alarm with mutliple displays. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

draymorris

Industrial
Feb 10, 2003
US
I am wanting help in finding a company that can build a device to monitor temp, probably with a type J TC, and pressures between 0 and 50 psi. I need the unit to have high and low alarms on each input and a display for each that has approximately 3/8 inch characters.

I need the circuitry to be very small and/or the displays to be located about 5 ft from the main control. Prefer to have multiple(at least 4) controls on one card/location and the same number of displays or one display with all 4 readings on it.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Problem with some engineers is if you ask them to design something, that is just what you will get. Think of this product as a platform for other projects. Pad print the case instead of molding in labels. The cost can be very minimal to create additional products that use the same electronics and case. These products alone may not be viable by themself but once you have the business set up, you need to keep adding products to the pipeline. If you develop a somewhat generic case, I would be interested in it for some other projects. Good luck.

If there is a university with an EE undergraduate program near you then consider offering your idea as a sponsored senior design project.

When I took Sr. Design, I had some difficulty choosing a project. On the first day of class, the instructor handed out a list of supported projects and one item really caught my attention. I completed the project (A+) and the sponsor got a functional, packaged prototype for his idea. It wound up costing him less than $300 AND I had a blast doing it. Everybody won, including the school, which received a donation from the sponsor and requests for other design students to perform other projects for them.

I won't ever get a dime out of this but I am looking forward to seeing "my" product on store shelves in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back