advice to pulling out a submersible pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

javan210

Mechanical
Mar 26, 2010
IR
Dear friends,
I dont know if this forum is a right place to ask this question or not?
We have a 100m deep water well.
during the pump installation one of the pipes has broken from the flange weld and the pump (together with 3 pipe) was fallen in the well.
now i need an advice how to pull out the pipes and pump from the well.
dell diameter=10"
pipe size=2"
each pipe spool length=6m
pump weight=400 kg

Thank you.

-

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Pipes are magnetic. Is the pump also steel? Well liner?

880 lbs plus 18 meters of pipe is heavy but might be possible.

Is the tip of the pipe accessible or is it leaning against the well liner?

Try to fish it out. I dont know what the technical name is for it, but when I used to do some work on oil rigs during college summers, they had a device called a "Cocodrie Collector". It was an I beam layed out horizontally and welded to 2 more pieces of I beam. It was on wheels. The cool part was that it had a winch on rollers on the Ibeam. They used it for anything and everything, including boiling crawfish on special occasions.

"Scientists dream about doing great things. Engineers do them." -James Michener

Dear eacookpe1978,
Thank you for your reply.
the wall iner pipe is pvc, the pump and it's pipes are carbon steel and magnetic, but i am not sure to send the magnetic device under the water, because most of them are working by electricity.

Not sure if this idea would develop enough clamping force in the jaws to lift your weight, but kick it around some andd see if you can improve it.

Idea is like a mirrored clothespin: Instead of the spring 1 on the outside of the jaws holding a wooden clothespin's jaws shut, spring 1 is on the inside of a hollow pair of steel jaws hold the jaws open. (Spring 2, on the back holds the jaws shut so the assembly can slide down the pipe.)

Two jaws pivoting on one axle is sketched. three (possibly 4) jaws pivoting on 2 axles are better but more complicated. Harder to prototype and build.

put a TV-type camera (similar to a boroscope head) on the jar tip. Lower the assembly with a line (not shown) down near the pipe, and open the jaws with spring 2. (A hard stop couuld also be used.)

When the jaws get engaged on the target, pull line 2 to pull roller 2 back towards the top of the outer pipe. This roller moved and forces jaws 1 and 2 back together 0 clamping the target for retrieval.

Robert

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=b0e56c5a-6987-4f73-a281-ea23268df4cf&file=Pipeline_Retriever_Sketch.pdf
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back