Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Air fin cooler header calculation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjvijayan

Mechanical
Nov 1, 2003
MY

I have been doing air fin cooler header calculation using API 661 and ASME VII division I Appendix 13. Unfortunately I have not been able to figure out the calculation for nozzle reinforcement. In some of the older design drawings in air fin coolers, they do not use reinforcement. How is this possible and is there any referral material for this.
Kindly reply...

Thank You

M.J.Vijayan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I too worked design of rectangular box headers, and have the spreadsheets to prove it. Ref. nozzles reinforcement, I asked the vendor. They stated that they do not have a rigourous method, that they go by experience - with multiples of safety factors. It works. To my knowledge, there is not calculation method. Advise if someone has better info.

Dear Hookem,
I have developed the spreadsheet too. Is it possible for you too share your spreadsheet with me. I am willing to send my spreadsheet to you. I also have some drawings if you like. Can you also let me know what are the safety factors used by the vendors that you specified.

Thank you,
M.J.Vijayan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back