Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIR washer FOR DEHUMIDIFING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, the chilled water temperature should be less than that of air dew point temperature. Carrier's handbook has some details.

Hi Sak9 and quark , thanks you.

I have the chilled water .

My questión is how or where I can get the NOOZLE perfomances

So I can calculate the nozzles qty .

I have the Carrier handbook , but it only have some references.

I know that for a fan coil , the delta T of water is used to be 5 °C , usually entering 7 °C leaving 12 °C .

Now, what can be the DELTAT of the washer .

Any help will be granted.

A chilled water air washer is a complex system especially if it is for a textile mill.So a person with no experience should not attempt its design in my opinion.Leave it to someone who has done it before.

I worked with several MEP contractors in North Carolina that have (had) extensive experience with Air Washers. With the loss of our textile industry experts with air washers are going to be fewer and harder to find.

In North Carolina I worked with AC Corp, Environmental Air Systems, and LUWA Bahson. All these are very large MEP contractors with engineers on staff. Any of the three of these could be found on the net and called.

Air washers are generally broken into two designs (wet and dry sump). With chilled water used for de-humidification you'll probably use the dry sump (drains back to a central pump to handle the added water from de-humidification).

I was fortunate enough to work for the man that wrote the carrier Load estimation book and he brought an absolute wealth of knowledge (including air washers). Be happy to provide contact information for engineers or contractors that I worked with in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back