Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All gray appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

swforge

Mechanical
Jun 1, 2006
US
Hi all,
I have an assembly in which all details are colored thru the appearance tab at the component level. The assembly built shows these colors. I recently created a drawing and everything turns gray in both the drawing and assembly. I can get color back at the assembly level but not the drawing. The assembly also now seems to want to default to all gray. All part appearance indicators in the flyout show respective colors but not being observed? Something takes priority to alll gray.
Any ideas?
SW2009 sp3.0

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Large assembly mode is on?
Try resolving the assembly in the drawing

I know I have seen this except the color was pink with a colleague here and it seemed to be his graphics card, however it was random and there was never a good solution.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Only on one assembly. Dont believe it could be driver. Large assembly is set at >400 parts i believe and not on for this assy. Resolving does change back to desired colors, until drawing is opened. Assy and drawing revert to all gray. sent to VAR form review

Does the color show when using a line non-shaded display mode in assembly. There is an option in
Part - Document Properties > Color to "Apply same color to wireframe, HLR and shaded display modes"

This option must be set at each Part Level in order for the Assembly to show the Colors for shaded part when using a Line Display mode. It makes the Wireframe modes Display alot better in hidden line shown/removed modes.

Just tried in drawing and it seems thereis no doc props to allow same color in HLR modes. You might need to create a display-sstate as a workaround. I tried a Transparency but on that the color disappears only to reappear if view is selected or surface clicked. Maybe SolidWorks is trying to force people to use 3D drawings to see color.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back