Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allen Beadlay load balancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtwy

Electrical
Nov 26, 2007
US
Came across an Allen Bradley 509 motor starter component the other day and was interested to find out its'use. It was in the parts cabinet with verbage "load balancer" imprinted on it. Looked somewhat like an aux contact w/o the contact!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Let me Google that for you:
Scroll down a long way.
Power Pole Adders — The 1 N.O. and 1 N.C. power poles may be field added to all size 0…4 Bulletin 500 line contactors and starters except the Bulletin 500L and 500FL. Two- and three-pole contactors will accept a maximum of two adder poles and four-pole devices will accept one adder pole. Each adder pole kit includes a mechanical load balancer to be used when only one power pole is added.
With the addition of one power pole to the side of a contactor the mechanism will be subject to a lot of side force, wearing and possible jamming. A mechanical load balancer is added to the other side of the contactor to provide an offsetting, balancing mechanical load so that the side forces are minimized.

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

Common Bill, admit that you knew that answer before you Googled it... You are just using the addition of the Google reference so as to not look so much like a motor control geek!

"Will work for (the memory of) salami"

"Common Bill"? Come on, now; Bill is unquestionably anything but common! [wink]

CR

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." [Proverbs 27:17, NIV]

Actually I am not quite that good. I had to look up the answer as would many "common" men. grin
Don't worry Jeff. I may be well ahead of you in the number of typos I make.

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

Although I make a lot, Apple's spell check in Safari is responsible for many more than I care for. That's the main thing I don't like about using the I-Pad. I also have yet to figure out how it adds words to its dictionary. An example is the word "contactor", which I use a lot, but it continually changed to "contractor", until it just stopped one day. There must be some sort of hidden algorithm that eventually figures out that you mean it, but I wish in knew the tipping point so I could get to it quicker, or change it purposefully. That unfortunately also apparently works the wrong way too. I continually type the word voltage, which it auto-fills as "Voltahe" before I finish, and it screws me up. As far as I can tell, Voltahe is not a real word, so the only possible reason I can see for it to add it to my dictionary is because I typed it wrong so many times, it now assumes I want it that way.

"Will work for (the memory of) salami"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back