Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Amada Lasmac LC1212a2....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwoody44

Industrial
Apr 3, 2012
US
How do you change the the standard focal position? When M100 (laser mode on) comes up in the program, the focal point goes to .15 all the time, when most of my cutting i do is around .4-.6. Its very annoying and time consuming and in the operator manual, it says it can be adjusted in the parameter screen but does not list a number to adjust, does anyone know how this can be changed and how to do so, thank you!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry, this work stuff has really been taking up my free time.

Two places to adjust focus on this machine. "base focus position" is set by pressing the left most key on the cutting conditions page "custom" then press the param. Its almost to the bottom.

Other place is on the custom page it self. Only the top line, E1, has any effect on the focus position. You can change the others if you want but they don't do anything.

haha i dont blame you we've been on 60+ hours a week here but thank you i was able to figure it out after your post and i was always wondering why if you use a different E code other than 1 it wouldnt change the focal point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back