Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anchor Bolt Sleeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

spats

Structural
Aug 2, 2002
US
I wanted to see how other engineers feel about the use of anchor bolt/anchor rod sleeves. These are normally plastic sleeves that create an annular space around the top of a cast-in bolt to create a tolerance for adjustment by essentially bending the bolt. The sleeve is filled with non-shrink grout after adjustment. Supposedly they're used all the time, particularly for machinery and equipment foundations.

I just don't like the concept, but I'm willing to listen.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can somebody explain how you grout a baseplate, tension the bolts and then fill the void with grout. Put another way, how do you grout without filling the void?

That Deco bolt is interesting, I started out working on the design of oil refineries: for some stacks and big towers, we had some anchors fabricated where the nut was near the bottom of the tube and a long bolt screwed in place after the equipment was set and leveled on shims. The grout was dry-packed as we didn't have non-shrink back then, some got into the tubes but they didn't fill completely.

Michael.
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back