Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animation help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProDarwin

Automotive
Oct 10, 2006
US
I need to make an animation of one of my designs for an upcoming visit here. I have some experience with this, but I can't seem to figure out how to hide/display different components during an animation. I'd like to show my assembly coming together piece by piece... any help would be much appreciated.

Travis

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Does anyone have any links to animation tutorials/instructions? This particular animation is complete (and looks like crap), but in the future I'd like to have something better - something to do with personal pride. The SE help file doesn't provide much help.

I've never managed to create an AVI file that looked any good, no atter what settings I've used.
I've set presentation style and all that but they still came out looking like it was filmed on a cheap phone.
Has anyone got a decent one they can post just so we can see that it CAN be done?

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Where would we be without sat-nav?

Hi did this one a while back, it shows some rendering options as well as a quick animation which was output using the presentation style and a large ish output resolution.

We do have some render and animation training available on Solid Mastermind but are looking at updating and adding a lot more in the near future.

Jon Sutcliffe / Solid Mastermind
The Solid Edge Community. Video training sessions, best practice documents, process maps and interactive training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back