Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ansys 16.0 convergence issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jandra11

Structural
Jun 18, 2017
PH
hello guys. im just a newbie on using the software. im designing a pin support and the result didnt converge. i divide the model into 3 parts the top connected to the structure the pin and the base all contact are frictional with 0.15 factor and adjust to contact and other parameters are all program controlled. the attached pictures shows the errors and warning can someone tell me how to rectify all these warnings and error. any input will be very much appreciated
ansys_model_zudc8h.png
pin_model_mdten6.png
results_mnsvfl.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The pin in the example model was restricted in translation but it doesn't have to be. You could restrain it from translating axially in the first load step while applying other external loads then let it free in the second load step.

Kind regards,
Jason

first of all thanks for all the inputs.
@goeasyon if i use friction less contact there will be no force that can resist the rotating of the pin support
@sk ill check it thank you. this is the contact status. to make it short the top to base base to pin and top to pin are all frictional.
contact_njpb1m.png
i dont get your last comment can you explain it further actually there a shear load that i didnt put in the model yet so there is no axial force on the pin
@arnie how do you do that i just off the pivot checking

@lk I remodel it and it converge but i remove the side cover just the pin bar in the model and all connection are frictional. but when i try to model it considering the shear force and put the side cover the error and warnings come again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back