Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ansys contact problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgianluca

Mechanical
Dec 29, 2017
IT
Dear friends,
I'm dealing with a spring sheet inserction on a tube.
I'm conducting a static structral analysis because i would understand the max stress on the spring element.
The simulation is a 2D sim. to let reduce the computing time.
The friction contact was regularly detected (see image attached).
My problem is that applimg a displacement on the spring i'm not able to see the spring deformation (see results images).
Please help me because i'm loosing mi life!!!!!
Thanks friends!!

1_ufm3vp.png

2_ztleee.png

3_arr57x.png

4_sbjc1u.png

5_y88c2b.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Erik do you have a database where it possible have download material proprieties for Ansys. Matweb is not a free database and besides there isn?t any plastic behaviour material descriction.
thanks again

Eric usually do you consider the material non-linear beahaviour or you adopt the linear curve? it's really hard find plastic curve and information for different materials.

To be honest, I am not doing much analysis these days. I develop/programme scripts (FEA), and provide/responsible for customer support for Strand7, so I do not carry out any analysis these days.

If you have an specific question about nonlinear properties of certain materials, you can post it as another question. I am sure people will have some good feedback (they cannot do it here though since this discussion has got very long :).

So add another post if you have any specific question about some material properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back