Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Anyone ever used "Variant Configuration Display Options"? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeagsman85

Mechanical
Mar 12, 2012
US
Anybody familiar with the "Variant Configuration Display Options" function in NX? I have variants set up but can't seem to figure out how this tool functions or what it's used for. All I can seem to do is create an error message saying that my parts have no associated variant rules. I've set up and created variants but can seem to figure this function out. I've attached a snapshot of what I'm looking at.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just trying to find out what this tool is used for. We're trying to figure out a better way of managing assemblies and variants came up as an option. I'm currently going throught a steep learning curve since nobody else here has used variants before. I think I understand the majority of what I need to know but this tool came up and I'm trying to figure out it's purpose and how it's used. If it cannot be used with modular variants (as topgun101 has indicated), then I'm not going to spend any more time trying to figure it out since we're using modular variants. Just for clarity, I know how to implement modular variants without ever using this tool. I'm trying to figure out if it has any additional functions that may benefit us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back