Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AODD Pump P&ID Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

techky

Mechanical
Jul 8, 2011
SG
Hi, I have another query. Need your opinion.

Suction side: If I need to install Inlet stabilizer, Should that be: pump suction flange -> Inlet stabilizer -> Expansion joint OR Pump suction flange -> Expansion joint -> Inlet stabilizer?

Disc side: If I need to install pulsation dampener, should that be: Pump disc flange -> pulsation dampener -> Expansion joint OR Pump discharge flange -> Expansion joint -> Pulsation dampener?

Thank you in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The sequence should be inlet stabilizer --> pump suction flange and discharge flange --> pulsation dampener. I doubt that expansion joints are necessary but that is impossible to answer without knowing the details.

The expansion joints are required since the hard pipes might stress the inlet & discharge manifolds. For this project, the expansion joint is mandatory required. In this case, how would you recommend on placement? Thanks

The hard pipes will only stress the the inlet and discharge manifolds if the hard pipes are not properly restrained (anchored).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back