Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applying Pore Pressure as B.C

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCC1966

Geotechnical
Jul 30, 2006
CA
I want to apply pore pressure BC or hydrostatic pore pressure BC on a side face (or in fact on only part of it). It seems that i should calcuate the hydrostatic pressure at each node of that side and then apply it on that node. This is a very tedious way particulrly if one has many nodes on that face. Does any one have easier way to do so
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

if i identified pore pressure at top and bottom points, wouldn't it interpolate values inbetween? (i assume it is a vertical hydrostatic)

also did you check the earth dam problem (example 9.1.2 in the manual)? i think that is a similar problem like yours to identify phreatic surface

Well I open the inp. file of this earth dam problem and I have found that pore pressure BCs are applied on the concerned side by applying it on the nodes of that side ( each node sepearaetly).Is not tedious to do so when you have many nodes?. Whatismore, the challenge in this way is that one has to speculate (actually sketch)the mesh while sketching the part .!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back