Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applying torsion in Abaqus 6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayZ900807

Computer
Feb 27, 2009
Hello everyone.

I need to apply a torsional load to the top face of a cylinder. I try doing this but my analysis doesnt run. I am using Abaqus 6.7 EF-1.

Can anyone help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is it even running? There a preprocessor setup error or is it running out of increments during analysis? Standard or explicit? Error message? We need to know a little bit more to give ya a hand.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

My cylinder is an axisymmetric deformable model. I have fixed it with an encastre, and a applied a moment at the top edge (I have included an image of this in the attachment). I have also tried to apply the moment from the top of the cylinder center (on the reference line).

The job does not run. It just gets aborted. The problem is a preprocessor setup error as an error message comes up saying. 'Error in job torsion: 1 nodes have inactive dof on which boundary conditions are specified'. The type of procedure is static, general.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7fc5684b-9262-4db1-8136-0e75236c70c9&file=axisymetric_torsion.jpg
Hi!

To apply moment create reference point on cylinder center. Then add coupling constraint between cylinder top-face and created RP. Then apply moment to RP.
Everything should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back