ARC & Sectionalizers installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

saya88

Electrical
Dec 17, 2011
AE
Hi All

i would like some one to help me select location of ARC & Sectionalizers on 11kV OHL and 33kV OHL.
It would be great if some one can pass me a SLD of 11kV OHL with ARC & Sectionalizers marked on it and also explain a bit of the critaria or starategy to choose the location.

regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ARC being auto-recloser? Or something else?

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

Cooper Power Systems has an extensive discussion in the book "Electrical Distribution System Protection" I Believe this is reffered to in the FAQ Power Systems found here:
You may also want to check the Cooper site and see what they have on line. Cooper mostly references IEEE Standards.

Saya88,
The positions of Sectionalizers on your SLD are ok.

I consider following factors while deciding number and location of the sectionalizers:
1). Length of line/ branch
2). No. of customers effected
3). The load effected by operation of sectionalizer on faults
4). the previous fault history (if any)

Here in UK we have industry standards known as P-2/6 (security of supply). P-2/6 gives the group demnd (MVA) that must be restored within a given period of time (e.g. If group demand is 1<load<12MW) then the group demand-1MW must be restored within 3 hours of the interruption). While designing distribution OHL circuits we use P-2/6 criteria to select the position of sectionalizers.

musa UKPN

@ musa UKPN

Thanks a lot man great help, could you please send me or guide me where do i get P-2/6.

highly appriciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back