Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Array Command 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtSauer

Structural
Dec 11, 2002
US
Anyone know why Autodesk in the 2013 program has decided to change the "ARRAY" command from an extension of the "COPY" command to the creation of a block (or some other single entity) instead of basically resulting in the very familiar multiple copies of a group of objects that we ( or at least, I )was used to seeing in 2011? (I never installed 2012, so maybe this occurred in that version.) Is there an easy "fix" to return to the classic version of the "ARRAY" command as the default (I know the system recognizes this because I ran across it in a "HELP" function, but I can't find a way to get to that point, and haven't had a reply yet from my inquiry to AutoDesk.) Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I noted the different array command in 2012 the other day. While it is different, it seems simple enough to get used to. While it does create a block of the objects instead of leaving them separate as the previous command did, I believe you can simply explode the block created by the array and leave the individual objects.

Thanks mflayler for the tip for the old command. I'll have to compare for future reference.

Nate the Great

Thanks to both for the info. Have edited the drop-down menu (yes, I have the "Classic" interface, also!) to include the Classic ARRAY command. Nate, the EXPLODE command is a good thought for some I've created and editted earlier. Biggest annoyance was in using the new command, the parameters (#rows, cols, spacing) aren't immediately prompted. Was easier to create the array block as default, then edit it.

The new array results in a smaller drawing... like the use of blocks... it defines the single array item as an object and then only has to pur it at locations n x m... The old array put the actual array item at n x m locations.

Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back