Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AS3600 - 2018 Amendment 2 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapt

Structural
Oct 4, 2001
AU
A Draft for public comment of the new amendment is available from Australian Standards.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for letting us know rapt. I couldn't see anything on SAI global, and the Concrete Institute had a page noting that the draft was available but no links were provided. Is this available somewhere else for us to download and read?

Draft standards are available through the Standards Australia web-site; SAI Global still sell published standards, but they no longer have an exclusive sales agreement. I downloaded it yesterday; just search for draft AS 3600.

I'll suggest to CIA that they add a link.

Doug Jenkins
Interactive Design Services

Rapt
Thank you for the link to Amdt 2
Apologies as I know this is out of your area but,
I have a question on the alteration to Clause 11.7.5 and want to check if my interpretation is correct

Paragraph 1 is unchanged:-
(Hence where tension exists under any eq loadcase, Ast dowel>Ast wall)
New Paragraph 2 says ignore para 1 if there is no net tension under eq.
New Paragraph 3 says that where wind or some other requirement (presumably that doesn't have a cyclic load requirement (Para 1 sets Astdowel >Astwall for tension under any earthquake case) Ast dowel>0.5*Ast Wall
(I assume that the intent of para 3 is that these bars don't need to be fully anchored as stated in Paragraph 1)
New paragraph 4 says dowel reinforcement shall exceed Cl 11.7.1 as a minimum even where the surface is in compression (I assume that these bars don't need to be fully anchored)
Is it intended that para 4 applies to a tilt up warehouse commercial retail single storey building where we are typically using 1 or 2 dowels at each end of the panel.
This would seem to be extreme?

Cheers

Regarding the tilt up wall concept, no tension is implied under the changes and I assume that will need to be checked under the above changes.
Shear will be applied.
Tilt Up walls are typically supported at the two bottom corners.

I think the waiver is related to the transfer of the yield capacity of the full wall reinfoprcement.

If in compression, it says specifically minimum dowels is minimum reinforcement in accordance with 11.7.1.

Plus horizontal shear would need to be checked.

I would assume any dowel would need to develop.

Is there some delay between registering and being allowed access? I've received a registration email but can't download.

Someone should make a comment that a definition for walls, that distinguishes them from columns, should be added judging from the number of posts on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back