Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ASME BPVC -IID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rac4wd

Mechanical
Jun 28, 2007
US
I'd like to know more on this code (II Part D) before I spend money on it. Does it have material properties such as yield and ultimate strengths of different metals at various temps?
Including high temp (up to 2000deg F). I'm working in the valve design/manufacturing industry. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

ross

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In addition to allowable stress values at various temperatures, ASME Section II Part D also lists values of yield strength and ulitimate tensile strength for various ferrous and nonferrous alloys up to 1000°F, thermal expansion coefficients up to 1500°F, themal conductivities/diffusivities up to 1550°F, as well as modulus of elasticity up to 1500°F.

-Christine

rac4wd, 2000deg F will probably be troublesome for you in SecII, Part D. Not much to pick from I would guess.

Suggest unobtanium.

Regards,

Mike

There is no material in Section II, Part D that can be used at 2000 deg F service temperature. Maybe a Code Case can be generated for unobtainum superalloy?

Thanks for the info, I've havent run into any instance yet of a working temperature that high. I had figured I would have to get the code but it is nice be sure first. thanks

ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back