Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASME rupture disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

401laurent

Mechanical
May 4, 2007
CA
Dear ALL,
I'm in troubles, can somme one help.
I didn't find any bidirectionnal rupture disc for Sanitary application witch comply with ASME code Sect. VIII div.1,the burst rating is +18 psisg/-3 psig.
my coonection is 2in dia.Try clamp.
do you have any other solution to protect my vessel for pressure and vacuum.

THANKS.
Laurent.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i have cheked this solution, but there is no 2in dia. ASME vacuum rupture disc witch withstand to negative pressure of 3 psig( 81 IWC inch water column), the max thy have is 30 IWC.
SO now I'm looking for ASME Vacuum breaker.

If you have any other idea, please let me know.
thanks.

LAURENT

THANKS rogerbours,
Uufortunatly this Fike sanitary rupture disc do not comply with ASME code, i can't install it on coded vessel.
I'm still in troubles.
LAURENT.

Hi Laurent,
I am not aware of any bi-directional discs on the market that are ASME certified. Additionally, I don't think there are any sanitary rupture discs that go down to 3 psig that are also ASME certified. I really do think your only option here is to use an ASME certified vacuum breaker in conjunction with a sanitary rupture disk like an Axius SC on the website mentioned above. If you find another solution I would love to hear about it. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back