ASTM B-190 TYPE II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRS713

Mechanical
Oct 20, 2016
US
Hello everyone,

Looking to see if anyone has material properties and chemical composition of this material spec? Having a hard time finding it anywhere. I found that it was superseded by ASTM A447 at some point. I have the specification for that material, but the material properties changed a bit so looking for the original. It is a Chromium-Nickel-Iron Alloy Casting (25-12) and I know the tensile strength is 50ksi for type II. Looking for additional info. It is currently being used as a tube support (bull horn) in one of our furnaces.

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When I had this problem in the past, I found some success going on Ebay and purchasing a set of standards from the era. B190 was withdrawn in 1960 so you will want to look from that point back (I think the last update of it was 1958). You might also want to look at libraries that might have historic standards available.

If you want to know the properties that were listed in the Code (strength vs temp, stiffness, creep, and so on) then buying an old copy of the Code is really the only option.
Of you could call here and buy a copy of what you need through them
Linda Hall Library
Tel: 816-363-4600

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back