Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B31 Fatigue Analysis for PORTHACOURT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PORTHACOURT asked from within an unrelated thread how to learn to do B31 Pressure Piping Code type fatigue analysis using the Caesar II software.

There are 2 issues here. First one needs to learn how to use the software (quite easy really) and second, one needs to learn the B31 Code. I would suggest that both of these things can be aided by going to the discussion boards at the COADE web site - This board welcome questions from all regardless of what software is used. I would suggest reading through all the previous questions and answers before posting. Of course, there is no substitute for simply sitting down and reading the Code. For B31.3 there is a good book by Glynn Woods (CASTI Publishing)that provides theory, background and even includes solved example problems. Eventually, go to a seminar which is taught by a B31 Code Committee member.

Good luck, and never hesitate to ask questions.

Regards, John.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear John,
The truth of the matter is that I can use CAESAR II 4.4 version but with the job I am currently handling,I need to know how to build wind and wave load cases. Thanks for responding and will visit coade website.More info will be appreciated.(Mailing from Nigeria)

Hello Portharcourt,

Well, thanks to the internet you are connected to a vast amount of information. By all means, ask for help at the Caesar II (C2) board. There are also many previous issues of the COADE newsletter available at:

The newsletter always seems to include interesting articles on modeling and setting up load cases.

The issue of wind and waves and how to set up load cases for the analyses has been discussed in the newsletters and (I think) on the discussion board. The board is a very good place to ask for help from the C2 users and from COADE. Remember, "a well defined problem is half solved". I hope to "see" you at the C2 discussion board..

Regards, John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back