Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Background Color??

Status
Not open for further replies.

latchescmk

Mechanical
Mar 21, 2006
US
Maybe I am missing something but here is my problem. I would like my background colors in Modeling and Drafting to be Black, and full color in Drafting. I have tried every possible convention in customer defaults and saved and exited and restarted and it never seems to catch correct.
I have had the same issue in NX 3 and 4. I have full access to the defaults file and there is nothing locked?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In modeling for NX-3 Preferences>Visualisation, under tab called "Color Palette" click on "Edit Background", then select the "Plain" toggle. If the Plain color isn't already set to black by default then click on the color swatch next to the word plain and change the color in the next pop-up window.

In drafting for NX-3. Preferences>Visualisation, under tab called "Color Settings" turn off monchrome display.

Any time you're close to the above described and still having trouble to follow these instructions hit <F1> for help.

Try getting your default startup files set to these settings to avoid repeating each time you create a new file.

Regards

Hudson

Isn't the background color tied to the part file?

Regardless of your color pallet selection, the part file will have the background that was saved with it.

You can change it and then save it, but the the next user may change it back again.

I wish there was a way to override the part background color settings... I like a light grey color background for modeling, but I get parts in that have black, blue, green, etc.

Ed

This si all for new parts.

acciardi: you can write a macro or something to fix existing parts but I want to have my new parts set via. defaults.

In Customer Defaults
--Gateway
Visualization
Background Color
Plain(both) is on. Graduated off, and the values only effect Graduated.

Where do I change the "Plain" Color?

--Gateway
Visualization
Color Settings
Monochrome is off. This negates all the entries below.

The only work around I have found is to set:
--Gateway
Visualization
Background Color
Plain(both) is off. Graduated on, and the values to 0. This will make new model files black background in Modeling but Drafting will have to have the background "manually" edited.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back