Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batteries discharge diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

liviu2004

Electrical
Aug 15, 2004
RO
Hy. I am involved in electric design for naval industry. For Lloyd's Register of Shipping I have to show discharge courbes for a specific curent in a determined time. I have searched the net but I cannot find anything.
For example I have I=60A, U=24VDC, t=6h. The voltage must not drop below 88% after discharge time. I have coosed 400Ah battery group.
Anyone have some information?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You may have to do a discharge test to determine the performance of the battery bank. Have you consulted the battery manufacturer? They should have information on the battery performance at a constant current for a specific length of time. When the battery bank was specified, any specific discharge requirements should have been given. IEEE 450 has battery capacity test information.

Making a discharge test is out of discussion. Lloyd's will never accept that kind of test made by me. I will try to contact a battery manufacturer but I thing I will get no aswer due to the fact that the batteries are yard delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back