Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BBS Notes - Cannot Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xwheelguy

Automotive
Mar 17, 2004
US
John Baker,

Is there something wrong with the bbsnotes board this morning? I cannot login using my newsreader nor the web and I haven't changed my password since Friday.

Thanks.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had this very same problem about 2 weeks ago, got an error message. Then when I tried to login to the FTP Servers to get latest updates for NX6 it said something about my maintenance contract had expired when in fact it hadn't. I ended up creating a new user name and password and registering it again with my webkey access code and I can get in again.

That's not the issue in my case as our maintenance is paid 2 weeks earlier than the due date (due to problems in the past).

It's working now...but VERY slow. Probably server maintenance if I were to guess.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

I had no problems logging into the BBS this morning from home, but occasionally there can be server issues. Most of the time we get notified in advance for things like scheduled maintenance and upgrades, but things can happen unexpectedly however I haven't gotten any emergency notices this morning and the BBS currently appears to be running just fine. Note that there could also be issues with the various IP servers along the 'digital superhighway'.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
NX Design
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Who knows. It could have been on my end. Our wonderful I/T dept. never notifies us about internet issues, etc. Thanks for the quick replies.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back