Status
Not open for further replies.

n39

Civil/Environmental
Jan 16, 2023
ID
Hi everyone,

Screenshot_2023-10-24_132344_tuxkdy.png

So I was having this problem with a canopy design. The overall design has been checked, I use a 250/450 cantilever concrete beam for a span on 1650 mm and use a 200/800 beam to conceal the beam behind it for aesthetic purposes. The architect wanted to put a canopy there, just like I showed you in the picutre. Everything have been checked except for 1 thing.

How do I calculate if my 200/850 beam were able to resist the moment caused by the WF canopy??

A guide or design example is preferable.

Thank you in advanced.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would look at it like as beam with a fix support and a moment load on the free tip. But I would also verify the shear transfer at the section you would consider fixed.

I don't think it is bending tomfh, I've drawn the 3D to help visualize the image above
Screenshot_2023-10-26_092103_ihmh6y.png

If the load was applied at the green area, yes that is bending and I can do a simple beam analysis

But the load was actually applied on the yellow part of the beam, what kind of analysis besides strut and tie that might help me solve this problem?

BTW does my image represent what you meant ENGIRL?

lexpatrie, does this kind of loading could be classified as torsion?

Yes, I would verify if the stirrups are enough to resist to torsion. And also verify if the area that is fixed resists to shear transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back