Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Best motivational quotes 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

epoisses_

Petroleum
Feb 7, 2017
FR
Heard in team meeting this morning, when one of the managers assigned one more responsibility to an already overloaded team member:
"This doesn't take any time. It's just a state of mind." [bow]

Can anyone top that?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can remember when Edward Murphy retired from McDonnell Douglas, sometime around the mid-80's. His last job was working on the Apache Helicopter program in Mesa, AZ.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

Ashtree said:
There are known knowns , Known unknowns, and unknown unknowns. But this...well its a whole new category!

Are you from Northern Ireland Ashtree? This was an official response given by our supposed head of state (First Minister) in response to the ongoing enquiry into a flawed renewable energy scheme she was responsible for which will cost our economy 500 million. businesses were being paid more to run wood chip burners than the fuel was costing them, the more they burnt, the more profit made! General opinion is there are a lot more known knowns than she is letting the public know.

As for quotes I have 2 favourites:

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got! (attributed to Henry Ford among others)

Some of the worlds greatest feats have been achieved by people not smart enough to know they were impossible

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough your are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.
Rocky Balboa
Rocky Balboa

I am always willing to learn, but I do not always like to be taught.
Winston Churchill

Doug

“The dumbest people I know are those who know it all.”
— Malcolm Forbes

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it."
- Henry David Thoreau

No, I am not from Northern Ireland.
Sometimes I wish was.
Sometimes I feel like I am.
Sometimes I feel like I must have been.
Most times though I am glad I am not.

Regards
Ashtree
"Any water can be made potable if you filter it through enough money"

"We're all put to the test. It just never comes in the form, or at the point that we would prefer, does it?"
Charles (Anthony Hopkins' character) on The Edge

Hehe. Maybe it's true though. My sweetie will always go-off on the Girl Scouts when you bring them up. She was always GREATLY disappointed that they didn't do things the Boy Scouts were doing. I suspect that may have improved considerably since her time in the GScouts.

Keith Cress
kcress -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back