Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Retaining Wall Book / Reference? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyc007

Structural
Aug 23, 2002
Hello, all.

I am looking for recommendations for a good book covering retaining wall structures. Anyone have any recommendations?

I would like a book that has an emphasis on actual problems and solutions; not a theory driven book. Ideally, I want it to cover both concrete and CMU type walls.

Any thoughts?

-AC

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Actually thats why I like Bowles, its one of a few (dont know of any other book) that gives examples including geotechical/soil mnechanics principles and reinforced concrete design/steel design/analysis all in one example.

Ive been using it since the 2nd edition and I actually think the 2nd edition is the best (better than the present 5th edition). Its SI edition so I dont know if thats OK for you but its a great book.

The retaining wall design reference that comes with the RetainPro software is actually pretty good. I have an older version of the software, but I assume the reference book is basically unchanged. It offers a very clear and concise summary of retaining wall design for local stability and concrete design. Basic knowledge of soil mechanics and concrete/masonry design is assumed, and very little if any derivation of design equations is presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back