Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blank string

Status
Not open for further replies.

i0wa

Industrial
Oct 4, 2009
EE
Hi all!
How to add blank string into output code?
as far i know in post builder there is no such MOM func. as blank or empty string, is there?

example
now:
%%O01
%T01

need to be:
%%O01

%T01

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This will get you a blank line in your output as I use it all the time. Is there a problem with it having a space in your output? Machine should run right by it.

there is a problem, that there between two lines should be nothing:(
mb to try "/n". (this is new line in tcl, found in google) but i don't know how to exactly use it and even do not know if pb supports this func.

Well it does support tcl commands from 8.0 and below possibly 8.1. That is basic tcl so it should work. I have ouput asci characters with it b4. What kind of machine is this anyway? So I know about this if I need to write a post for one.
Pretty good site for tcl below also you could join in on the Siemens site as they have a pretty active cam forum.

puhh. do not know exactly :S 2f65 as far i remember. i do believe You do not even heart about this one ;)
and no success...

Wow! Kinda hard to write a post without a manual at least for reference. Does the output at least look something like another controller that you know of like a Fanuc or a Hiedenhain or Siemens? That particular startup isn't familiar to me. I don't have the software to look at so I can't really look at this on the weekend. I will try and look at it soon though.

Just to make sure, you have tried MOM_output_text "" with no space in between correct? I think the MOM_output_text proc doesn't let this output but cannot remember I think literal has a problem with it but text may not. I did a puts "" in tcl/tutor and it output just a line that if you arrow right it went to the next line.

hmm. nice idea :D another way is to declare any empty variable:
set $anyVar ""
and try to make forced output of it.

The empty string doesn't work. "". Must be in the MOM code to not output it. Maybe try a puts with the filepath and name. on the puts line?

MOM_output_literal "\r" #adds 1 empty line. line length is 0
MOM_output_literal "\n" #adds 2 empty lines

\a
Audible alert (bell) (0x7).

\b
Backspace (0x8).

\f
Form feed (0xc).

\n
Newline (0xa).

\r
Carriage-return (0xd).

\t
Tab (0x9).

\v
Vertical tab (0xb).

\<newline>whiteSpace
A single space character replaces the backslash, newline, and all spaces and tabs after the newline. This backslash sequence is unique in that it is replaced in a separate pre-pass before the command is actually parsed. This means that it will be replaced even when it occurs between braces, and the resulting space will be treated as a word separator if it is not in braces or quotes.

\\
Backslash ("\").

\ooo
The digits ooo (one, two, or three of them) give an eight-bit octal value for the Unicode character that will be inserted. The upper bits of the Unicode character will be 0.

\xhh
The hexadecimal digits hh give an eight-bit hexadecimal value for the Unicode character that will be inserted. Any number of hexadecimal digits may be present; however, all but the last two are ignored (the result is always a one-byte quantity). The upper bits of the Unicode character will be 0.

\uhhhh
The hexadecimal digits hhhh (one, two, three, or four of them) give a sixteen-bit hexadecimal value for the Unicode character that will be inserted.
Backslash substitution is not performed on words enclosed in braces, except for backslash-newline as described above.

(Google)

Cool man so you did get it to work. I just haven't had the tiime to look anymore on that so Thanks for letting me know. MOM_output... must be in a dll somewhere because I went looking for it and couldn't find it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back