Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blast analysis on A335 P11, yield stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

permagne

Petroleum
Oct 24, 2006
NO
Hello

I'm doing an analysis on a system using A335 P11 pipe at 400'C (app. 750'F) and 33barg. Whan doing blast analysis I exceed the pipes allowable stress, but as criteria for blast analysis the material can be utilized for 0,9*yield stress of the material. In tabel A-1 (B31.3) allowable stress is listed for most temperatures, but yield is listed but with no reference to temperature.

What is the practice for this problem? High temperature and blast analysis. For operating conditions we have the A-1 with allowable stress, but I'm not sure where to look for yield properties at different temperatures.

I'm relative new to pipe stress analysis so I might have som gaps in my knowledge, so advice on where to find more info on blast analysis is appreciated. I have yet to find something about blast in B31.3.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Per Magne
"Pipe stress engineer in Norway"

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Per,

Have you talked with the people at COADE in Houston ?

The CAESAR-II piping stress analysis software has been around for a long time and incorporates many types of load cases and does analysis in accordance with many international piping codes.

Talk with Mr. Richard Ay or Mr. Bill Evans. They are very helpful and knowledgable..

My opinion only

-MJC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back