Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blending Parts in Assembly Mode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightzero3d

Aerospace
Jan 9, 2009
I have a question regarding blending two parts when they are Assebmled in the Assembly mode. I made a wing as a part file and made the fuselage as a part file and then i assembled them together. Is there some how i could blend them or should i just make them as 1 part?

I tried to add them as a part through the insert-->assmbly features--> Add.. but that didn't work out so well. A lot of things were highligted in the option popup window. Any advice would help. Thanks!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In R19 and in SP on R18 (could be 7) you have a new assembly feature called associativity, this will take parts (some option which entities) in an assembly and create a new part with associtive bodies corresponding to the assembly you have. This means that in that part you could actually make a boolean add.

Now I don't know if this is the right way because you are not explaining why you would like to do this. Why do you want to do this? there could be other, better, ways

Well, I'm creating an aircraft (not tracing it from a picture) in CATIA V5 R16. I had some difficulty before with making a crank delta wing (after I got a macro to import coordinates points, I was ok) and so I made that as a part file separate from the rest of the aircraft. I proceeded to make the fuselage and so forth. And so, I assembled them in Assembly mode. The only problem with that is they don't have a "smooth" look. Therefore, I'm trying to blend them (wing and fuselage) together to achieve that smooth look.

Thanks for the tip but I don't have R19 or R18. Is there another way in blending two assembly parts together? (that or some how creating a fillet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back