Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Bluebeam pdf resets my drawing orientation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossao1

Mechanical
Apr 7, 2003
US
Hi all,

Here is the problem. SW2003 sp5.1 with blue beam pdf creator (bbpc) sp 2.2.1 . After I use BBPC my drawing is re-oriented into the "portrait" not the "landscape" that I want. It keeps doing this and I can not stop it. I have to reset my orientation every time before printing the file from SW back to landscape. BTW my drawings from BBPC come out with the "Landscape" orientation, just like I want.

Help me please. Thanks in advance.

A-

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ok, tried that. No difference. The orientation changed from landscape to portrait again.

Also I am using "use document settings" and "scale sheet to fit paper" on the "page set up" page.

A-

Bluebeam is one of the worst things to come down the pike. Not only did I have similar problems but they migrated to my full blown Acrobat. I turned the add-in off and deleted the Bluebeam printer entry and all is well again.
King of makes me wonder if Bluebeam might be spyware as well!

I have the same problem as well. Should make an enhancement request to Bluebeam I suppose. They have been very accommodating to me so far. But I must say I haven't seen the problems migrate to Acrobat. Which problems are you seeing Mandrake22?

The main problem was the inability to print in landscape format, regardless of settings. This was occurring in a normally functional install of Adobe 6, well at least it was prior to Bluebeam.

Hi all,

It seems that the problem was diagnosed to be a SW issue. They tested it with BlueBeam installed and NOT installed. The problem remained. It seems to have something to do with changing printers, and the settings don't return correctly.

I will sumbit Bluebeams response to SW as a enhancement request. (who knows.. it may already have been addressed.)

I have a work around. Path of least resistance... By setting a key board shortcut to "print preview" as "shift-p", and doing a double return key to accept it, I can "see" if there is a problem before printing. It is crude but works well.

A-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back