Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bolt circle arc in drafting Catia V5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

706Jim

Aerospace
May 26, 2003
CA
I looked up a number of posts regarding a bolt circle on a Catia drawing but was unable to find a solution to my problem.
I have a part with 5 holes 30 degrees apart on a bolt circle and I would like to place a partial bolt circle arc on the drawing. I can create that arc in a number of ways and alter the font to dashed from solid, but even though the circle was created by snapping to the bolt hole centers, that circle is not fixed to those points. Touch it with the mouse and it moves. Using a "fix" constraint turns the circle green and while that could be altered in settings, it still does not associate with the bolt holes.

So I'm checking to see if anyone has suggestions to fix this problem.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is NX ? a model imported from Catia? What version NX ?
In NX there is a special function to create a partial bolt circle on a drawing .
image_peammr.png

Regards,
Tomas

A Google search pointed me here. It's a Catia generated drawing that I'm having problems with. So this function is not available to me. Thank you for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back