Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOM to Excel 2003 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teabags

Mechanical
Feb 23, 2007
US
For some reason Catia is outputing blank BOM's in excel. I can save .txt's and html's no problem, but .xls comes out empty. I am running Windows x64 and Office 2003. Is there some setting I am overlooking? Is it a 64bit incompatibility? My coworker can output a BOM into excel without any problem on his 32 bit machine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Teabags - I use R16SP5 and R17SP2 on a Dell64. I access excel all the time for design tables, but I had to have a SP for Excel to work correctly. Sorry I am not at the office to be more descriptive. I will send an email off for somebody to try it.

Regards,
Derek

Where can I download Catia v5 service packs anyway? The crooks (I mean reseller) we bought Catia from uses every single setup or support type question we have as a chance milk us like a cash cow. Every stupid little thing you want to know is in one of hundreds of different $1500 - $2000 per person classes they force you to take. You guys on this forum alone have helped save our small company at least $6000+. OK, i'm done venting. Thank you guys very much for your help.

Why don't you just move your account to a new VAR? You know, you are well within your rights to do that, don't you?

There are options for just this sort of scenario.

If you want service packs, your VAR is under no obligation to provide them, unless he put it in some sort of contract OR if you are on the new VAR model - which is the alternative to the old system of going through IBM for support.

Search the IBM website for "PLM support". You will need your customer number in order to be able to register for the online access.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Catia Design|Catia Design News|Catia V5 blog

OK, time for a shameless plug.

Attend the COE conference next month in Las Vegas. The cost is relatively low, but the amount of networking; "free" training, and Hints Tips and Techniques that you will learn will more than pay for it. It's really a weeks worth of experience packed into 3 days.

Visit for more information

My office is up to date with all of the service packs, I will try to get ahold of any Catia v5 r17 updates and see if i still have the problem.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

We have the exact same issue with empty spread sheets.

We are running Catia 64bit R17 SP05 and Windows XP 64bit Service Pack 2 with Office 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back