Books about Inertia moment, center of mass, centroid: need references 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmalfs

Mechanical
Nov 19, 2013
RO
Hello all,

I would like to have bibliographic references of books about the mass moment of inertia, area moment of inertia, center of mass. centroids, etc.

Thanks,
Hugo Silva

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ok, so now I found one:

Do you think this book is good? : James M. Gere, Barry J. Goodno, "Mechanics of Materials", SI Edition (8th edition)

try google "area moment of inertia" ... wiki goes into the dynamics of bodies rather than the structural interpretation.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Pretty much any book by Joseph E. Shigley, such as "Mechanical Engineering Design", or the "bible": "Mark's Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers", or the trusty standby: "Machinery's Handbook". Also, using those search terms on Amazon produces lots of results.

Beer & Johnson was the introductory textbook that I started with. Information very clear and accessible, as I recall.

"Schiefgehen will, was schiefgehen kann" - das Murphygesetz

I'd suggest purchasing a copy of Roark. It provides equations for virtually every conceivable form of cross section property, including moments of inertia.

What's wrong with the modern generation of engineers? Why don't they feel that they should have to pay for the tools needed for their profession?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back