Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Boring Log Software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okiryu

Civil/Environmental
Sep 13, 2013
JP
Hi, can anyone recommend a good software for preparing boring logs? We have been using AutoCad but some people are not familiar with it so trying to find a software... Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks. I checked with Geologismiki but unfortunately the boring logs cannot be exported to Autocad. I would like the boring logs to be exported to CAD so I can add them in the design drawings.

Geologismiki was my first option since I am using their CPT software... I will look at the others as well...

Bentley Gint has been the standard for many years for borehole logs, now my company is transitioning to Bentley open ground. Honestly I envy the reports from the 1970's with handwritten logs with the right side showing grid paper on the side, it shows that there was thought put into the log and not having copy paste errors.

GeoEnvGuy,

What Bentley open ground offers than GINT does not?. I just want to create boring logs and profiles. Is there any special advantage using Open ground?

I am not a promoter of any of these softwares and cannot distinguish what features are offered from one to the other. There websites and manuals can offer more assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back