Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boundary Condition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

barney75

Mechanical
Jan 22, 2007
IT
Hi,
In my model I have a part that is a beam meshed using pipe elemnt. As showed by the figure in attachement I need to apply a boundary condition that restraint the movement of the node N2 in the transversal direction with respect to the beam axis (i.e. along the axis 2'). Global axes in my model are (as showed in the figure) 1 and 2. In addition N2 shall be free to move along 1' i.e. along the beam axis.
I don't want to use connector element but I'd like to write directly the BC through the command *Boundary. Is it possible?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Barney,

You can try assign local coordinate system for node 2 with keyword *TRANSFORM. Then all *BOUNDARY cards for this node will not be respect to global coordinate system.

Regards,
akaBarten

hi akabarten,
thank u so much for the help. I've never seen this keyw. I'll study it and try to apply to my model, in fact a local coordinate system make it easy for the step I mentined in my first thread but on the other hand it's more complicated to write BCs for the step before the one I mentioned in my first thread. I have to take a look at it, but, I suppose that the *transform command is not, let say, 'on/off' that is I can activate or deactivate in the steps of my analysis. Anyway, thanks again.

Barney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back