Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSEN 10204 type 3.2 Certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

express2

Mechanical
Jun 22, 2012
IN
Dear All Please clarify my below query.

A- Pipe manufacturer
B- Trader
C- Valve Manufacturer
D- EPC contractor
E- Owner.

'C' Procured a pipe from 'B' to manufacture a valve and then supplied to 'D' which is going to be installed at the location of 'D'.
The Material requires BSEN 10204 type 3.2 Certification.
Now the Question is, who is "Purchaser" as defined in BSEN 10204.

B or C or D or E.

Thanks in Advance.
Bas

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is the location not that of E? The expectation of the owner as to who should be considered as the purchaser in procurement activities should be defined within the EPC contract. From the point of view of the pipe, and the documentation that should accompany it, the purchaser is B since, by definition, A must be involved in the preparation of the inspection certificate or document and B must pass it on without amendment save for the quantity. Generally, from the owner's point of view, they probably don't care how it gets a 3.2 and by whom, just so long as it is achieved with traceability. I'm guessing that the pipe doesn't have a 3.2 document and the parties are all dancing around the subject of who is going to organise and pay for repetition of the tests with the necessary witnessing.

Steve Jones
Corrosion Management Consultant

All answers are personal opinions only and are in no way connected with any employer.

Dear, SJones.

I am a manufacturer of control valves. I buy metalic materials such as bars, castings and plates. If my client wants a EN10204 3,2 certificate, need do I hire a third part inspector to witness the tests (mechanical, chemical and heat treatment tests) at the foundry or the trader ? There are many materials with certificates in my storage. Could I hire a third part inspector to issue a traceability report of that materials ? Is that a 3,2 certificate ?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back