Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Buchholz Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcgolarz

Industrial
Dec 20, 2005
US
I am looking for information about an electronic sensor used to detect the amount of gas within a Buchholz relay. Does anyone have experience with this type of device?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Buchholz Relay
I understand how it works - we need to know if there is a way to sample the gas that is accumulated in the device. We make gas DGA equipment for transformers and are looking for a way to get gasing sample from transformers.

Do you know of an electronic sensor that is placed in the Buchholz relay that detects the amout of gas present?

Jeff

Yes, I believe that there is such a device, although I have never used it. The Buchholz relays manufactured by EMB have a facility for this so far as I know - the NM series if my memory is correct. Automatic sampling devices are also available.

----------------------------------
image.php
Your body may be a temple. Mine is an amusement park...

A device that is manufactured by GE Harris under the trade name of Synergy is bolted to the transformer and samples the gas in oil via a valve on the main tank. This device measures some of the main gases on a timed cycle set by the user. This device can be programmed to alarm at predetrimed gas levels, either locally or to a remote monitoring system. The link to more manufacturers information.

Hope this helps.
Regards

Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back