Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bystronic 4020 "vacuum on" and "running flood" by him self

Status
Not open for further replies.

filipov1975

Industrial
Nov 15, 2017
BG
Good day to all. The problem with our BYSTRONIC 4020 Bystar machine is the following:
After loading and starting, the machine starts performing the functions "vacuum on" and "running flood" itself. There is no regularity in her actions. Two seconds "vacum on" one minute "running flood" then these actions are repeated without human intervention.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4c4e4a85-41b4-4ed1-9a62-707f36cd797e&file=WhatsApp_Video_2020-07-23_at_14.13.17.mp4
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

press the STEP button and start it manually. then try to cut. might be a configuration or interface issue. if the resonator has auto start, many remove it and start it manually like the older BTL series. If you have shutter problems that's the same card for autostart interface

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

Hi Mr. KRUG. I want to thank you for your cooperation and quick response. I did what you say, but in this case HV shows that the laser is ready and the monitor changes the error constantly. In the video you can see what is happening on the monitor. The red light on the traffic light flashes.
Thank you.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=32b5a2b4-6418-45bd-b3b4-c40dd5137482&file=WhatsApp_Video_2020-07-27_at_08.43.33.mp4
open the front of the control panel and remove the PCB in the back all the way to the right. it has a 9 pin connector and nothing else. then start the laser. There were problems w the autostart system, many just convert to manual start. I would need the schematic numbers from your CNC and BTL cabinets to tell you how to do it.

WhatsApp_Image_2020-07-28_at_08.04.38_c50qbe.jpg

Hello Mr. Krug. Separating the sssif board from the main board and putting it in step mode, the machine makes a mistake, the chassis does not start and there is no beam in the resonator

did you try putting it in local? I've removed the ssif board from many of these lasers and they run fine without it. the shutter signal and error signal just require 2 wires to be added. it sounds like you touched the board with the fiber cables. If you give me the schema numbers from the btl, stl and cnc cabinets, I can tell you how to hook up the shutter and error signals.

As for a fiber retrofit, CO2 lasers need a complete enclosure due to the danger of the fiber wavelength.

Hello again. Before you answered me, I tried pressing the locale button and the chassis started at minimum power. I tried to cut, but there was no beam. Where can I find the schematic numbers? Is it possible for me to contact you via WhatsApp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back